
For those of you who actually own a house, I'm sure you have had much bigger projects than this. Nonetheless, my first house project was creating display/storage place for Avalon's stuffed animals. In truth many of these stuffed animals are Camille's.
The project initially involved putting up a net in the corner of the room to hold the stuffed animals. Obviously this would involve a net and anchors put into the wall. Simple enough. My dad and I headed down to Home Depot. We found the anchors pretty easily although I think my dad may like to overbuild. I'm pretty sure these anchors would hold me if I could stand on them. Perhaps this comes from building your own house where you want to be absolutely sure that everything is structurally sound. In searching for a net, we really couldn't find anything that was suitable. We thought of a fishing net, but by then I was determined to make our own net. I mean, how hard can it be? My dad also assured me that my mom had done macrame and therefore we could ask her how to do it. So we bought some twine and headed home.
It turned out that the macrame lessens weren't very helpful so we jumped on the good ol' internet. After some searching, I found this site. Of the list of sites in the best answer, this one ended up being the best. So based on these instructions I ended up weaving my first net. Of course, I couldn't make it easy on myself and weave a square or bag net, I had to make a triangle net that could fit in the corner of the room. After learning from my mistakes on the first try, I successfully made a net for the corner of the room to hold all of the stuffed animals on my second attempt. In the picture, the net is mainly covered by stuffed animals, but you can see some of its bright green at the corners.
No comments:
Post a Comment