06 February 2013

Avie learning to swim!

While swimming at the Y pool, there were some boys who were swimming without there life jackets.  We asked Avie if she would like to learn to swim on her own without a life jacket.  At first, she said "when I get bigger I'll learn to swim by myself."  But a little while later, she decided to try it.  This is a video of the first time she swam to Daddy on her own.  It was really impressive!


She also went down the slide all by herself with no one there to catch her!  :)


As I mentioned in my last post, the kids loved swimming in Hawaii and Avalon asked to "practice" swimming everyday.  So we did lots of swimming.  By the first day in Hawaii, she could already swim quite a bit further.  Way to go Avie!



She also decided not to use the goggles in Hawaii and she would just keep her eyes wide open under the water.  Amazing!  And we got a great pic with our underwater camera!  So cool!




1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

Cool underwater pic!!