26 August 2013

First Day of Kindergarten!

Avalon went to her first day of Kindergarten today!  Leading up to this day, she has been so excited to start Kindergarten and especially eager to learn to read and write!  Archie and I dropped her off at the school this morning.  She was happy to go, but still a bit nervous.  I hope she has a great first day!  Archie and I will miss her!  BTW...Avalon came up with all the poses on her own in front of our house this morning, including the one with her backpack in her face.  Too funny!


Update:  I just picked Avalon up from her first day of Kindergarten.  I asked her if she had fun and she said "Yes."  Then she went on to tell me that their were 2 recesses and soon there would be 3.  And that her teacher gave her one gummy bear.   Then I asked her what her what was her favorite part of the day and she said getting the gummy bear and recess!  :)  Once we got home, she explained that each kid got one gummy bear for being quiet in the hallway.  And she said they did a scavenger hunt around the school looking for Pete the Cat's shoes.  She didn't find any shoes, but she had fun!  She also went to art class and drew a picture of two houses with a couch and a bedroom. All in all a great first day! 


No comments: