Avie had her first dance recital since she was little and she was amazing! So proud of her for all her hard work to get ready for the recital! She broke her arm 11 weeks before the recital, so she had to sit out of dance class for 7 weeks, so she only had 4 classes left more the recital to prepare and she had to modify for 2 of those 4 weeks. I am so impressed with her ability to remember and preform all the dances.
She also tried out for Shrek Junior the musical during that time and secured herself a part as a Duloc performer, water nymph (fairytale creature) and woodland creature, which all required learning even more choreography!
We were not allowed to take videos during the recital but I have ordered a DVD of the recital. But I do have some videos from the dress rehearsal to share as well as the professional pictures! And the only 2 pictures that I took during the dress rehearsal. At first she said no pictures but then she posed for me, probably just to get me to leave! :). (As a side note, we did get her musical theater dress altered between the professional photos and the recital and it fit so much better for the recital - I guess that is why I wanted another picture of her in it). Avie's favorite costume was her costume for Lyrical!
Love this girl and we are so proud of her achievements!












No comments:
Post a Comment