06 November 2008
A milestone: rolling over
In a previous post, we had a video of Avalon rolling over from front to back. I have still yet to see her actually do this although I have been present when it happened. That is, I placed her on her stomach, turned my back for a second, and then turned back around and she was on her back, but I didn't actually see her accomplish this feat.
Just this weekend, she started rolling over from back to front, as shown in the video. The first time it probably took her 30 minutes to go from back to side to stomach with arm caught and finally head up with both arms underneath her. The video shows her accomplishing this feat (okay, her arm is still kinda pinned) in much more rapid fashion. Now when we put her on the ground, she instinctively straightens her legs and then jackknife's them to be 90 degrees relative to her body. Then gravity takes over and her body rotates to one side. At this point, always to her right.
The even more amazing thing is that the last couple of times she rolled from back to front, she then immediately rolled from front to back. So now I have actually seen her accomplish this feat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment