30 June 2012

Avie's 1K Race!

 

Avalon ran in her first 1K (0.62 mile) race on Tuesday June 26th.  When I was going out for a run a few weeks ago, Avie asked why I was running and I told her that I was training for a race.  She asked "when do I get to run a race?"  So we signed her up for the 1K kids run at the Chase Race in Fargo.

Avalon had lots of fun running and she ran the whole way finishing in 8:33.  She did slow down a bit when she was looking back for Dorian, but by the half way mark she was only pushing forward.  She ran a great race and we are really proud of her!  It was a long ways for her to run and even though it was 6:30pm, it was still 80 degrees.  After the race she told me that "she got really tired and sweaty."  Too funny!  At the finish line she received a medal and also a much deserved Popsicle for a job well done!




 Dorian finished the 1K in 9:54 and Corbin ran the 1 mile in 8:34. Great race Corbin and Dorian!  And the adults also did well.  In the 5K race,  Mommy ran a PR in 27:46, Uncle Grant took 2nd in his age group in 21:14, and Grandpa Hugo finished in 30:31. 


A couple more videos of Avie's race:
 


1 comment:

Granny B said...

what a fast race for her...for all of you. I see a future here. She doesn't even look tired when she is done. Wonderful race!