26 June 2012
Twilight 12K
Camille ran her first 12K race in Anchorage, Alaska on June 1st. She ran a PR (Personal Record). I guess technically since it was my first 12K, it has to be a PR. But I think it would have been a PR at any race for any distance (5K or 10K). The conditions for the race came together perfectly as the race started 7pm, the temperature was 55-60 degrees, sunny, and no wind, and the race course was relatively flat other than a long gradual uphill at mile 2, a mostly downhill mile 4, and a steep uphill for the last 0.5 miles of this 7.5 mile race.
Earlier in the day, we video chatted with Avie and Archie. Avie, with some prompting from Mummi, told me to "have a good race," which I greatly appreciated. I would like to think that if Avie were writing this post, she would say "Way to go Mommy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment