18 March 2013

Mario Cart

Last week, I gave Avalon a new game for her DS Lite (what used to be Mommy's DS Lite and game).  It was Mario Cart.  She had so much fun playing that she asked to play it after naps (in lue of watching a show) for 3 days in a row.  By the second day she had already gotten a lot better.  The first time I gave her the game, I think it took her around 15 minutes to finish the race course.  And my favorite part is that when she crossed the finish line, she ran up to me really excited and said "I won, Mommy, I won!"  It was so cute!



After completing 4 straight races, it gives displays your times for each race.  So I captured it in a photo!  As you can see by the times, each race course is harder than the last.

Then, we took the car in for a checkup last Thursday and I brought the game again for her to play.  And for the first time, I actually watched her play and it is so funny to watch as she moves her whole body to get the car to turn the direction that she chooses.  I'm sure I often do the same thing, but it was so fun to watch.  And she is so serious too.  Her is a video of it.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

30 year-old Dad said...

Wow, I had never even considered that my kids might be old enough to play Mario Kart. I'll have to break out my DS and see if my girls have any interest.

Camille said...

I'm not sure she has actually beat anybody yet, but she definitely likes becoming the bullet. - Jarad