Avalon still loves to read books! She asks us to read the same books over and over to her until she memorizes them and then she reads them back to us or along with us. Then after a week or two, she select new books. She will also sit down and read books aloud to Mickey and Minnie Mouse or to herself and if she doesn't remember all the words, she'll make up the story. We probably read anywhere from 5-15 books to her everyday. Some of her favorite books right now include Just a Little Critter Collections, Mickey Mouse Adventures, Go Dog Go, and Danny and the Dinosaur.
Here is a video of Avalon reading "My Rocking Horse" to Grandma. See below for the translation.
I ride my rocking horse everyday
he takes me to places far away.
Sometimes I'm a cowgirl way out west
in my hat and chaps and vest.
I can be a jockey running a race
and win the blue ribbon when I'm in first place.
We will be on the farm today
pulling a wagon piled high with hay.
I can be an officer of the force
directing traffic from on top of my horse.
All the drums and trumpets played
when my horse and I led the big parade.
I'm a bareback rider in the circus
and then my rocking horse and I come galloping home again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Doh! If only I'd realized you were videoing.
Post a Comment