I'm going back a little bit here to the cold weather of this past Christmas. While in Duluth, we went to a really cool Christmas light display called Bentlyville. It started out at someone's house, but because so big that they now display it near the harbor in downtown Duluth. The lights are amazing and it's free. They also serve free hot cocoa and cookies.
On a side note, this tower represents Enger Tower, which stands at the park where Jarad and I got married.
This was actually the second year that we've gone to Bentlyville, but this year was a lot more fun. Last year, we went on a night that was freezing cold and we weren't dressed properly, so we were so cold. I swear it was the best hot cocoa I've ever had, but needless to say we went through it pretty quickly. And they have an area with fire pits to keep warm and toast marsh-mellows. Last year, we spent a little time here, but decided it best to steer clear of it this year.
This year was really fun! We dressed much better and it was actually quite a bit warmer, which is still cold, but manageable. Avalon was memorized. She walked the whole way just staring at all the lights. It was really fun!
Archer also had a good time. I think he definitely had the best seat, nice and warm next to daddy. He didn't say a peep the whole time we were there. He just took everything in. Archer loves to ride in the stroller, shopping cart, bjorn, etc. as long as he can see and we keep moving, he is a happy kiddo.
She was always excited to see the reindeer and snowman from far away, but then steered clear when we got too close. It's amazing we got close enough for these pictures.
She wasn't too sure about the reindeer last year either. It was so cold last year, that this is the only picture I took while we were there.
Avalon had fun with Mummi, Ukki, her Aunt Libby and Uncle Chris.
1 comment:
These pictures don't make me feel cold. They warm my heart! See you later today!
Post a Comment