When Archer woke up from his nap on January 16th, Jarad went up to get him and when he came downstairs, Archer had this oh so familiar hand-print on his face.
Archer like Avalon at this age (8 months) prefers to sleep on his stomach with his butt up in the air. It is too cute!
Check out the blog post called "Nap Time" posted in March of 2008 (when Avalon was also 8 months old) and you'll see a very similar picture! In Avalon's post, I mentioned that she was sleeping 11-12 hours at night at this age. I wish I could say the same for Archer. Archer is now sleeping better at 9-10 hours a night but he still insists on waking at 5am to eat. However, the good news is that Archer has figured out how to fall asleep on his own and usually without crying. If he does cry, he will roll around with his little giraffe blanket in his face to settle himself down to fall asleep. It is a very interesting technique, but we are really happy that he has figured it out for himself.
In so many ways are kids are so very different, but they are also very similar. I find myself remembering little things Avalon used to do as I watch Archer doing them now. It is so fun to watch them grow and see how much they are alike and different!
On a side note, the Minnesota onesie that Archer is wearing in the pictures above was one of our favorites on Avalon and likewise is also one of our favorites on Archer too. It was a gift from our good friend Pete. Thanks Pete!
No comments:
Post a Comment